Summer Recipe Special
Today I thought I’d share a recipe that is quick and will soothe the soul of a Chocoholic and you can hid Zucchini in them and no one would ever know! There are 2 versions… One with Chocolate Chips and also a Chocolate Zucchini Cherry Upside Down Cake!
Sorry I don’t have picture’s….but believe me They Look and Taste Awesome and make quite a large cake that freeze’s well! (but don’t refrigerate either one, it will go soggy).
I try to make my recipes as easy as possible to follow…..I hope you think so too!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake #1 (Non Dairy)
- 2 cups of sugar (white )
- 3 cups all purpose white flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened Coco powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp.baking powder
- 1.5 tsp.baking soda
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all above Dry ingredients in a large bowl, then: in another bowl mix all these wet ingredients together…
- 2 – 3 cups of grated Zuc’s
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix these 4 wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry …. mix to just moisten (hand mix) But don’t leave any lumps!
Grease & Flour a 9″ x 13″ pan, pour batter in and make sure it’s level…… Bake in Pre-Heated oven at 350°f. for approx. 45-60 min. or a knife or toothpick from the middle comes out clean. Some oven’s vary their temp. so keep a good eye on it from about 30 minutes on! Can icing but I think it’s sweet enough as it is! Enjoy!
Chocolate Cherry Zucchini Upside Down Cake #2 (non Dairy)
- 1 – 21 ounce Can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Spread pie filling over a greased 9″x 13″pan
- Mix all these next dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- 2.25 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups ofsugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Coco powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Now mix all these Wet Ingredients together in another bowl
- 3 cups shredded Zucchini
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- Now mix the Wet into the Dry Just To Moisten ( hand mix use a spoon or spatula/wisk, not machine)
Pour over cherry filling, spread evenly, bake in Pre Heated Oven 350°f. for approx. 30-45 mins. Remember Ovens vary so keep an eye on it! use the toothpick test for doneness! Let cool and flip on a large tray a little bigger then the pan…..This cake is awesome!!
Enjoy Every One!! Cheers!